Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm Beginning to Understand!

I was thinking the other day that I really haven't been very hormonal (yet?). Apparently that day has arrived. I'm so glad the church is primarily deserted today, otherwise I might be discovered crying. My functional brain realizes that the things making me upset are very unimportant and would normally not bother me, but not today! Part of this problem may be due to lack of sleep. Normally I get between 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours of sleep per night. I've been doing about the same thing lately and it's just not cutting it for me. I actually took a nap during my lunch hour (in the youth room). It's not like I've been doing anything really important. I was mainly waiting to see whether some visitors were coming last night and got caught up in a TV show. I'm beginning to understand what all these books are talking about. My symptoms just show up a few days later than what the books says (so I naively think they aren't going to happen).

Also, the fridge has become my enemy. I promise that we do not have smelly or moldy food in our fridge, however each morning when I go to open the door, I inevitably feel extremely nauseated. It's funny because the trash (in our house and in the garage) does not bother me much. We have been in somewhat of a dilemma what to eat for supper. Andrew has been spending hours finishing up his latest class (which is done with tonight!) and I can't hardly open the fridge to even begin to prepare stuff, so we've primarily been snacking. Thankfully, my main cravings include fruit, so at least it is a healthy snack. On the down side, we're slowly running out of food, so I'm going to have to face the dreaded grocery store soon. The only way I can get through it, is if I stay in the produce section (which isn't bad) or if I bring a mint along for the occasion. That flavor and scent overwhelms all others, and then I'm ok.

Please don't think I am complaining about all of this. The weird thing is, as uncomfortable as I am, I actually like feeling this way, because I know things are going ok! I'm very excited for this and I don't mind feeling a little sick for a while! I am getting very excited about our first appointment next Monday (partly because I took the day off). I just have LOTS of questions about what to do and what not to do, so I hope they can be answered. I even called our insurance today to make sure everything is covered and in network . . . and it is. Beyond the blood test and meeting with the midwife, I have no idea what all is going to happen. I've read that first appointments can be fairly long, so I prepared A for that, so he can tell his boss the appropriate thing.

Ok, I'm feeling better now, so I guess it's back to work!

No comments: