Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's Day Reflections

This post is a little late, I realize, but better late than never. I just wanted to write a bit about how important my dad has been to me. I have many wonderful childhood memories of Dad reading to me. I don't remember these times, but I'm told that when it came time to read at night I would insist that my dad be the one to read. Many other fond memories include spending hours playing catch with a balled up sock in the living room (we were entertained with very little, I guess) getting "cork its" from Dad and getting the torture chamber. When Mom was gone to a church function or whatever, we knew we could get Dad to give us something that was a little forbidden from Mom, usually juice or milk in a bottle, etc. I do remember going shopping one time with Dad and getting the exact shirt that I wanted! :) Mom would always be very sensitive and nurturing when we were sick and I remember one time I had a bad reaction to a vaccine when Mom was gone. I went to tell Dad I had been sick and he said, "Oh, I'm sorry." This reaction definitely help prepare me for the way my husband now reacts! My dad loves the Royals, Wheaties cereal, coaching boys basketball, and CATS! As I grew up, I started to have more responsibility on the farm (like changing flood irrigation at 6 am) and during one of those times I had a bug fly up my nose while we were on the 4-wheelers and as I sneezed it out, I will never forget how hard my dad laughed. It was funny! My dad worked so hard (and still does) to give us a secure childhood and life and a happy one! There are times that I feel sad that my children won't have the same childhood that I did, but I am glad of the fact that I can send them off to the Fairchild Farms for a true farming experience with my dad!

1 comment:

Rodrigo Valenzuela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.