Tuesday, June 26, 2007

First Appointment Update!

I had my first appointment yesterday! It went very well. It was really pretty short and simple. I am going to a clinic that has two midwives (I met with one of them yesterday) and about eight doctors. They like for you to have an appointment with everyone before your due date, just in case they are on call for the delivery. This freaked me out a little at first, since I've never been to a man doctor before, but everyone keeps telling me that I absolutely won't care during the birth. I like the place, so I guess I'll just have to overcome this one detail. The midwife set my current official due date as February 5th, 2008. I did the other standard things like pee in a cup and have a few other tests run. I still have to go have my blood work done in the next few days. There are about 12 locations in the area I can do it. I'm probably going to try and get it over with at lunch today. I hate needles and blood, so I was hoping they would do it while I had Andrew there with me, but oh well. She said my next appointment on July 27th would be more extensive. I would get to hear the heartbeat (they only can see it now with an ultrasound) and I would get more information about birth classes, etc. Yikes! Does that mean I actually have to give birth?! :) Anyway, my queasy stomach has just started for the morning, so I'm going to try and eat a healthy breakfast before it gets the best of me. I am going to leave you with a picture I took about four weeks ago, just in case you still had any questions or doubts.




No comments: