Friday, March 10, 2006

Who knew?

Who knew that I could do so much and just get up the next day to do it again? I am thinking this is only a taste of what May will be like with the choral festival. I have been driving downtown each night this week for practice. Luckily, I have been able to get home around 9:30 pm each night. We were expecting it to be later. Tonight is the first performance in which I am singing with the May Festival Chorus as they perform with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. We are performing Mahler's second symphony. It's a pretty cool piece of music if I do say so. We are singing much but we do have to sit up there through the whole thing since there isn't an intermission. I am trying to convince Andrew to take just one picture of the May Festival up there for proof so we'll see.

I am still torn whether or not I should quit the chorus. It is one of those things that I love to do while I am there but I dread driving down there and back so much and it does take a lot of time. I think I should probably quit it after the May Festival and then just plan to join again in the future if my time allows it! I have been thinking about how much money I spend just in gas money driving down there and it doesn't seem worth it. I am really glad for the experience but I'm just not sure I can keep it up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for not quitting because I so enjoyed the concert last night...it was excellent! Carol

Anonymous said...

That concert was so wonderful... All that driving is hard. You always have to go during rush hour. I love going to the symphony and it was even better with the chorus and you singing!
Susan

Unknown said...

Fortunately, you can still go to the symphony (even though you have to pay more) even if I am not in it. I am definitely thinking that I will have to call it quits, at least for a year or two, until we get a house built and get settled in.