Monday, March 13, 2006

Voice Lessons

One of the main reasons that I am probably going to quit May Festival Choir after May is over is the fact that I would like to teach voice lessons again. I did put an add in the paper when I first got here but I didn't get any response. I'm not sure how to attact students in this area but I will probably check with the local schools. I never thought I would stay this (before I taught lessons) but I miss the students. Maybe I was just spoiled with the good students that I had in Sterling but it was fun to interact with students that age. I would like to do that again and the little extra income doesn't hurt either! :) If anyone has any good ideas of how to advertise for that sort of thing, please let me know. Of course, I probably won't advertise until May and then say that lessons will start in the summer, or maybe I should wait until our house is finished but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, any ideas would be helpful!

P.S. I would seriously consider giving family discounts! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your shoes are 30% off at Steinmart!!

Maggie

PS are you implying that we can't sing??

Unknown said...

Thanks Maggie!! I will check those out sometime. I would never imply that you all can't sing because everyone can sing and some of you are quite good! :)

Anonymous said...

apparently you have never heard anyone with the last name Harp sing!! :)

Anonymous said...

I would definitely like some lessons - could you do it long distance? I want ice skating lessons from Jennie, voice lessons from you, Tea Parlor visits each weekend, talks with my mom and dad and work on some projects around there....hmmm, can I live in two places at once? Shop at Steinmart and see the Magster (and Susan occasionally too). Go work with Carol and do some good eating with Anne (and anyone else who wants to join us!). Horse riding lessons from Wil.I could go on and on but I am making myself home sick. Anyway - can I take voice lessons long distance? And can I get some of your mom's chicken soup? or cinnamon toast? Nothing replaces a mom, period. Especially when you are ill....hope you feel better soon.