Friday, March 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to my sister!

I decided that what better day to write a post about my best girl friend in the world, than on her 26th birthday! Happy birthday to my sister, Jenny. Where can I begin to tell you how much my sister means to me. Here are some of the wonderful memories that I have about my sister.

- From a very early age she was nice to me and included me in her circle of friends. I have many wonderful memories of playing Russian spies in our basement with my sister and Sasha.

- My sister always let me be the bride when we played 'wedding!' :)

- My sister was always there to share her bed and her 'blanket' when there was a terrible thunderstorm outside. Of course, she usually had to wake me up before I would hear it!

- My sister was always up for staying up late on Christmas Eve to be 'Santa' and to put gifts in our parents stockings.

- My sister put up with me in junior high when I copied the way she dressed, what she did . . . and pretty much her every move.

- My sister included me with her friends in high school and drove me around when I couldn't drive.

- My sister encouraged me to go to Sterling College and invited me to come stay with her when I was in high school.

- My sister included me in her circle of friends at college. She even went with me to the Service of Dedication the day I arrived on campus so I wouldn't be lonely after my parents had gone home.

- My sister helped me through one of the most difficult times of my life in college by just being there for me to talk to and by providing active solutions for my problems. I don't know what I would have done if she wouldn't have been there for me then.

- My sister let me sleep in her room at college, and even her bed, if my roommates were sick, or if I was just lonely.

- My sister makes the world, especially mine, a MUCH better place! I am so proud to call her my sister!

Happy Birthday, Jenny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE the FAIRCHILD GIRLS! :)

Anonymous said...

Both Fairchilds are very special to me!