Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy 6 months babygirl!

(This should have been posted yesterday but when you read about our day yesterday, I think you'll understand why it's a day late).

My dearest Elsie,

We hardly call you Elsie Pie anymore. I'm not sure when or why we lost that nickname. It was so cute!

You are such a sweet baby. Still very happy and relaxed. We are blessed!


You've been with us for 6 months now and I still can't believe you're that old. What happened to make the time go so fast?!

You love:

To hear Daddy play the guitar and piano. This often will put you to sleep where you're at - like playing on the floor or in your bouncy seat.

To be talked to and played with. Here are Aunt Jennie and Papa Wayne talking to you!

To be played with and talked to by your big sister! You respond to Abigail like nobody Elsie. Even if you're tired or hungry, if she walks over you have a smile for her. I hope this is always the case!!


To play! You've really become interested in toys and playing. You're adventurous but also content with what is around you. A wonderful quality, darling!



Elsie I cannot describe how much I simply enjoy being around you. You have such a sweet spirit that will carry you throughout life. I enjoy hearing you talk and coo each morning, knowing that I am privileged enough to be called your mom and to spend the day with you.
Here you are waiting for your sister to be done shopping in the American Girl store! :)



Today you will be dedicated at church. This is the life verse that your daddy and I have picked out:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

This is our prayer for you! It's pretty self-explanatory really! You're already joyful . . . living up to your middle name "joy"! Pray continually - this is a big one darling! Constant communication with the one who loves you most and created you is essential! Give thanks in all circumstances - I have learned this is an essential thing to do in order to live a joyful and content life. God will bless you, even though it may not be in the way you think it will be - with material possessions, promotions, wealth, or other worldly gain!

I am having the time of my life watching you grow, little pie. Always remember that your mother loves you and is filled with joy overflowing when I see you or think of you!

Love,

Mama

No comments: