Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sleeping at our house . . .

Well, I have finally been getting a little more sleep!

On Friday night Andrew MADE me let Elsie cry for a while. Well, he strongly encouraged me to let her cry anyway and he helped me by checking on her every 5 or 10 minutes when I'd ask.

It took a while. I think she fell asleep at 7 pm, woke up at 8 pm, cried until 9:30 pm (during which we checked, soothed, and otherwise were attentive every 5 or 10 minutes). I fed her at 9:30 pm and we laid her back down again at 10:00 pm where she cried for 10 minutes then went to sleep.

For the first time in 4 weeks she slept 5+ hours and only woke me up once!!

The next night she was asleep by 7 pm (no fuss) and I gave her a feeding at 10:30 pm and was only up once.

Last night she was asleep by 8 pm . . . slept until 1:30 am (when I fed her) . . . and slept until 7 am! Wow!

Those are the kind of nights I can live with!

Abigail got to go to the zoo today with Maggie. They had so much fun. However Abigail fell asleep in the car on the way back and now is talking and bouncing in her crib during nap time.

Do I feel the least bit guilty for making her stay in her crib by herself awake for an hour during her reguarly nap time? Nope, not one bit!

Anyone else enjoying this spring-like weather?! I sure am! I wore a short-sleeved shirt today! Yeah!

No comments: