Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mine Mine! And other charming new words . . .

Abigail's newest favorite phrase is: mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine! Said in a very loud and whiny voice. I don't know how many toys we took away from her in the nursery on Sunday because she kept taking them from other kids and proclaiming them "mine"! I know it is a "stage" but it isn't a stage that I want to continue for very long!

Abigail is talking like crazy these days. Most of it is gibberish but when she wants to tell you something, she certainly can. On the way to the sitter's house this morning, my brilliant daughter looked out the window, pointed, and said "moo, cow". Sure enough, there were cows along the side of the road. She amazes me!

She is also starting to put two words together. When we were pulling away from the house this morning, she spent 5 or 10 minutes saying "Bye-Bye, Dada" and "Bye-Bye, Dewey." It was quite cute. I am going to try to get a video of her tonight "reading" to someone because it is pure gibberish and so very cute.

She is also a tender-hearted little sweetheart. We were in Lowe's yesterday, buying paint for Andrew's new office, when she heard another little kid crying (throwing a tantrum was more like it, but it sounded like crying to Abigail). Her little face got all scrunched up and her bottom lip flopped out and she kept saying "baby", "baby", over and over again.

That's all for now. Sorry, no new photos or video. I know, we're bad.

We've been in the midst of finishing Andrew's new office in our basement. It will open up the current office to use as a bedroom for Abigail when she's ready to move out of her crib.

The complete honest truth is: I'm scared to death of this. I'm not ready for my daughter to be the only person on the main level of the house, while the rest of us are upstairs. She is such a TERRIFIC sleeper in her crib that I don't want to disrupt this by putting her in a toddler bed or on a mattress. I'm trying to make Andrew promise that he'll wait to move her until I agree but so far he won't budge. :(

No comments: