Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby #2 Update

I have been horrible at keeping things up-to-date with Baby #2. I know that I will want to look back at this and remember what it was like so I'm trying to write a few things down.

  • Time is FLYING by. I can't believe that the end of summer is in sight. The midwife commented at my appointment on Tuesday how fast things go with #2. She's right!
  • I have my glucose text next week (already). Bring on the protein.
  • My next appointment will contain my hemoglobulin shot (I think that's what it is called) because Andrew's blood type is not compatible with mine. I guess it keeps my blood from attacking the baby's blood, if she got his blood type.
  • Despite having an easier first trimester, the other pregnancy issues seem to be much more pronounced this time. Constant painful backaches, heartburn, hip issues, carpal tunnel problems, and some preliminary cramping are already starting to plague me! (by the way, my midwives say the cramping is nothing to worry about).
  • I'm starting to get very nervous about the birth. With Abigail we were good natural birthing parents and spent lots of time doing the exercises and practicing relaxation to aid in the birth. I've decided I have to start doing it for at least 10 minutes a day, even if Andrew doesn't have the time to help me!
Sorry if this isn't clear. I woke up with a sinus headache today (allergies and pregnancy don't mix well) and it's still lingering. Makes me want to close my eyes!

No comments: