Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sleep and Traveling with a Toddler don't mix!

My darling daughter simply cannot share a room. At least, I think that is what is wrong. She has been keeping us up so much at night. Last night we were up from 11 to 3:00 am. She screamed most of that time. We finally put her in bed with us (a big mistake, I know) and we all slept!

I don't think she's sick, teething, in pain, no dirty diapers, etc, yet she's awake quite a bit. I think she can't handle knowing she's sleeping in the same room with us.

I'm quite tired. I feel like falling asleep sitting here at the computer, so I may have to nap today. I am at my wits end trying to think of how to help her with this issue.

Anyway, we spent a lovely "day" (few hours) in Sterling. I checked out our rental house (hmm), spent some wonderful time visiting with college friends, and had some delicious BBQ! Thanks, Melanie, for driving out to see us! It was good to catch up, even if it was brief.

Abigail was having a melt-down at lunch (a 20 minute morning nap and our night last night certainly did her in) so we didn't get to stay as long as we hoped but it was still nice.

Andrew is still out visiting friends the rest of today. Abigail is enjoying all of the fun toys here at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Her favorites include the two homemade toys that my mom made (a yogurt container that she can put lids in and a juice bottle that she puts clothes pins in), a toy vacuum, and a toy stove. The last two are definitely flash backs to my childhood!

Ok, I'm so tired that I am rambling. Must go now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're welcome! It was so nice to see you again, and it never hurts to have a "play day" away from the office :)