Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Update

My appointment went fine. They are still concerned with my blood pressure but my swelling was down and the protein count came back negative this time, so the rest is working. It is also hard to believe, but when I weighed myself this morning, I had lost almost 5 pounds from last week! It's been the easiest weightloss I've ever done - Laying on the couch! I'm supposed to keep working only 1/2 days and just taking it easy in general. I can't believe that I only have 2 days of work left before my maternity leave starts. I have to admit that I am starting to feel the need to be at home and "nest" a little so it will be nice to be done with work. I have the desire to make a few meals to freeze and eat later, do laundry, clean the bathrooms, etc, but the energy is not there after being at work! So, I'll have to work on these things slowly next week.

A is doing such a great job taking care of me and is really doing a lot around the house these days. Not only is he accomplishing his projects, like framing windows, installing blinds, etc, but last night is even vacuumed all of the upstairs and did the dishes.

Well, I probably did a little too much running around today after work (post office, Kroger, and bank), then when I got home I put away groceries, cleaned Dewey's muddy paws, and did laundry. I'm ready to take a rest. I'll leave you with the following list about Kansas. :)

**If you're proud that your region makes the national news at least 96 times each year because it's the hottest or the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Kansas.

**If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead or midway up his arms, you might live in Kansas.

**If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Manhattan, Kansas.

**If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Kansas.

**If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you might live in Kansas.

**If you often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you might live in Kansas.

**If you can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching, you might live in Kansas

**If you see people wearing camouflage at social events, (including weddings), you might live in Kansas.

**If you install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked, you might live in Kansas.

**If you carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them, you might live in Kansas.

**If "Going down South" means Oklahoma, you might live in Kansas.

No comments: