Monday, January 07, 2008

Colds, Feet, and Names!

After I had been bragging about how healthy Andrew was (not even a hint of a cold for over a year) he has come down with a nasty head cold. Poor guy! He is at work today and doesn't have a fever so hopefully it will clear up in a few days. He has been eating LOTS of chicken noodle soup, so hopefully that is aiding his recovery. A co-worker of mine has pneumonia. Yikes! I'm doing everything I can to not catch these bugs from other people! Yikes, that would be miserable. Anyway, so far so good. I've had so much water, plus I'm keeping up with Vit C, and other preventative measures.

I have officially hit the swollen feet part of pregnancy. It's not so much my ankles as it is the top of my feet (they look like little sausages). Hopefully all the water I'm consuming will help that. It probably didn't help much that I spent my whole lunch break walking around Walmart getting stuff for the hospital/labor that is fast approaching. I found a cheap "sleep shirt" that I can wear during labor and birth, some travel items (shampoo, deo, etc), some flannel material to make rice bags for pain management, etc. I'm currently a sucker for all things baby related. I saw a "baby's first year" calendar at Walmart and had to buy it. Thankfully it was only $4. It has stickers to track your baby's "firsts" for a whole year. So much fun!!

Andrew and I are in deliberations still about what to name our baby! It's not that we necessarily disagree about a name but we're having a hard time finding a name that we both are thrilled about. We have several picked out (and no they won't be shared until she is born) but if I picture her with a different color hair the name doesn't fit. As of this moment, I think we have a name picked out if she is blonde and then another name picked out if she has dark hair. :) I don't know what we'll do if she is bald! :) We're just going to have to wait and see what she looks like, I guess. This seems so very familiar to when we got our dog. We couldn't decide on a name then either. Neither of us had strong opinions then, we just had to see him first before naming, and I guess that's fine. I'll be sure to bring my baby name book to the hospital, just in case!

I feel like I have accomplished so much this morning, but I must keep working. Only 20 working days left until my maternity leave!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still vote for Claire!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so, so hard when I read the part about what to do for a name is she is bald--you are so funny!!!

Unknown said...

Ah! I miss my friends who think I'm funny. I'm facebook emailing you for your address, Melanie. I hope everything is going well with school!!!!