Thursday, January 31, 2008

Unbelievable! Advice!

I cannot believe that tomorrow is my last day of work before my maternity leave. It doesn't seem possible! In many ways, it will be nice to step back and just concentrate on things here for a while. I've got so much piled up in my mind to do around the house (and I'm trying to take it easy) that I don't think I'll get bored.

I have never been given so much advice in my entire life, as I have received in the last week or two. This is a good thing! I really appreciate most of the advice. I take it to heart because the people giving the advice have been through this before. I'm being serious here, I truly do appreciate it! I love to hear people's birth stories and what their experience was like! The only thing that has bothered me lately is that I have heard from so many people who have had horrible experiences. These stories are not necessarily with the birth experience but with newborn babies . . . and it has me a bit frightened! I want the first few weeks with our precious daughter to be enjoyable! I know that it will be a challenge, but I also want to know that there will be moments when it is wonderful too! So, if you have any of those stories (the wonderful ones), please share them on here! I'd love to have LOTS of comments from people about the wonders of the first few weeks of your son or daughter's life. I have had several people share the good things! So, thanks to you who have told me the good stories (I know I need to be prepared for reality but I'd like to have a balance) or have told me, "you know, getting up at night really isn't THAT bad." I have definitely been keeping those comments close to my heart as the day of her arrival approaches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the day is almost here for you guys! How exciting:)
My advice is to read "Baby Wise". It was super helpful with getting our babies to sleep through the night by 8 weeks (meaning sleeping at least 6 hours at a time). Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Getting up with the baby several times a night (at first) is part of being a parent. Keep the lights low, put your head back on the rocker and doze while she's nursing. If she's fussy during the day, you'll live through it. You have plenty of willing relatives around to give you a break. I certainly don't have any horror stories to tell you. Babies are bundles of joy--God's miracles. Love, Mom

jo said...

Congratulations! Of course she is beautiful! Glad all went well.

So begins your journey of true love. There is nothing like it.
I use to think there was something wrong with me because I couldn't stop looking at my baby!
It's a unique,all consuming, amazing love.
Enjoy every minute,
I still am,
Jo Dyck