Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Appointment Update

Well, for the first time yesterday, the midwife found something to be concerned about at my appointment. After my lovely protein test (which I take everytime), my blood pressure check, and swelling check, she decided to cut back my working hours to 4 hours per day. Yikes! They are concerned that I will develop pre-eclampsia or something similar in nature. She told me to hibernate as much as possible, so I'm supposed to be laying down on my side, resting and drinking water, if I am not at work. Since the baby is full-term now, the thing we are trying to prevent is labor induction. I really want to go into labor naturally, so I am going to do what she told me to! I'm also supposed to check my blood pressure regularly, so A's grandma is letting me borrow hers (not her blood pressure but the machine that checks it)! The midwife also told me that I MUST drink a gallon of water per day to try and rid myself of this excess water weight and get my blood pressure down. I'm doing pretty good so far today. My next appointment is in one week. I think they will double check all these things and if they are the same or better, they will let us continue on our merry way.

I am most thankful for the wonderful place where I work. My boss told me not to worry about a thing but that they would be fine with my cut back hours. I love my job and my co-workers. I could not have found a better place to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime! We'll be praying for you. I hope you enjoy your hibernation, though. I had to do this before Serenity was born (looking back now, it was a nice break before the storm!). Order lots of movies, read all those fashion magazines, and have someone paint your nails - you definitely deserve the pampering!

Take care,

Amanda