Sunday, January 27, 2008

1/2 Time

It has actually been kind of nice to only work part-time this week. I have managed to take a nap every day, which probably means I really needed to. I have felt a little overwhelmed at work, getting everything done, but with the help of a little working from home, I have managed to stay afloat. My substitute returns this week, so that should be a great help! I have watched several movies, several seasons of TV shows, and read a book. On the very first day I was home, I got pretty bored (lonely) after only an hour of being home, so I wasn't sure how the rest of the time would go, but it hasn't been bad. The main issue with all of this is that I like people. Even though my personality isn't necessarily strongly outgoing, I'm not a person that likes to be alone for a long period of time. I like people! It has helped me to have a plan if I know that I'm going to be alone for a long time. For example, I knew that Andrew would be gone most of Thursday evening. He had a meeting and church and then Bible study. So, I made a plan for the evening. I made a little supper for us, then after he left, I had several things that I wanted to get done, which helped pass the time. One of those things was to pick up stuff at A's grandma's house, so it helped a lot to visit with her for a while. I have also finished all the baby thank you notes! Yeah!

My goal is to slowly work my way through the house this week (15 minutes at a time), at least decluttering and picking up, so we'll feel a bit more organized when the baby comes. We're so close to having the nursery done and it looks really great!

My next appointment is Tuesday morning. I am very curious to hear what they say about my stats.

A took some lovely pictures of me/us this weekend, so if I'm ever using the other computer, I will post some of them on here.

No comments: