Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crib and Appointment Update

We had a very good appointment yesterday. I went in by myself while Andrew went to pick up his aunt's cell phone at the airport. The midwife said everything looks good. The baby's head is still down. Ouch, that hurts when she feels for that. My blood pressure is fine, etc. I asked her about the mild cramps that I've been having (mainly at night). She said she thought it was just ligaments stretching or perhaps the baby's head pressing on something already. She said she wasn't concerned about it unless the cramps didn't stop. They usually go away within 30 seconds or so, so no need to be concerned.

We then headed over to Babies R Us to get a crib and a rocker. The crib wasn't in stock on the warehouse, so they had to order it. It should be in by our next appointment, which will work out nicely. We got a rocker and have it already set up in the baby's room. It's very nice and I spent some time reading in it yesterday. I'm excited for the crib to come in so we can start getting the room rearranged and put together!!!

I started "packing" a little for the hospital. So, the baby has 3 items packed and that's it. I'll just keep working on it slowly. There are several things I don't have yet and several items I can't really pack until it's time. I wear all of my maternity clothes, so I can't really pack something to wear home yet, as I will be wearing it up until that time. It's amazing how fast the time has gone. I have almost hit the 35 week mark. Just one more month of work and then my maternity leave starts! Unbelieveable!

I'm off to do something else! Happy New Year!

No comments: