Monday, December 10, 2007

Carpet!

We are having carpet installed upstairs tomorrow! Yeah!! A and his dad worked so hard all weekend to get the baseboard put in. They are almost finished. Andrew will be able to finish up the hall tonight. There is still so much to be done. I worked (too long) last night on painting the ceilings. They all needed a second coat or majorly touched up. I am glad to say that I think we're done rolling painting on the ceilings. We still need to do a bunch of trim work on the paint, and I am wanting to get the caulk done on the corners (inside and out) of the baseboard before the carpet goes in, so it doesn't get all over. I hope we can make significant progress tonight. It's not the end of the world if we don't get it done. We can put down some drop cloths to do the trim work later. I will definitely be glad to get this all done. It is still a horrible feeling to know that all of this needs done but be unable to do most of it . . . physically!
I also spent a lot of my weekend cooking or baking! I made a cheesecake and some cookies for A graduation party. The cheesecake was Friday night and the cookies were on Saturday. Then yesterday, I spent some of my afternoon making a meal to take to our friends who just had a baby. I'll drop it off after work. I'm excited about meeting their new little boy!
I'll be sure to take pictures of the carpet. I'm very excited to move upstairs and spread out a little bit!

No comments: