Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Time

Andrew surprised me last night by getting our Christmas tree from Grandma's barn. It was so exciting to put it up and to decorate it. We both compromised a little bit on the decorations. Yes, it has colored lights, but I got things that I wanted too. It looks very nice (especially for a free tree!!). We still want a tree topper, so I am going to run over to Hobby Lobby at lunch to get one. Our nativity set looks great on the piano and I have a few other little things that will go around the house. We also rearranged our living room, so tonight my goal is to get that room all set up, then I will move on as time allows.

This is the first year we have put up a tree or any kind of decorations. We felt like it wasn't necessary in the past because we weren't actually going to be at our house for Christmas, but we are this year. I have taken some pictures and will post them soon.

We are still working hard to finishing our upstairs. It hard on me not to be able to do more physically! I just like to accomplish things. My hips/back were painful last night, just after decorating the tree. I will definitely have to take it easy painting this weekend. I hope we can get most of this done on Saturday. We want to have our carpet in by the 14th (have I said that before?) because we're hosting a Christmas party. We also want to move upstairs into our nice big room!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what color are you painting your bedroom?? And the baby's room? Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the earlier comment is from Melanie :)

Unknown said...

Our bedroom is called Gobi Dessert. We got one coat on the ceilings yesterday (thanks Maggie). The baby's room is a pretty yellow but doesn't have a fun name! :( I'll have to post some pictures at some point!!