Monday, November 05, 2007

Punching

My ribs have suddenly become a punching bag for our girl (we're calling her Toddweina for now, it's a long story). Most of the time it is just ticklish for me but there beginning to hurt a bit. The funny thing is, I love it! I just have to stretch out a little more, so she can have more room!

In other baby news, I have my glucose test tomorrow. Since I'm not a fan of having my blood drawn, I'm not looking forward to this. Yuck! Oh well, better to get it over with. We have our next appointment in two weeks from today. I'm looking forward to meeting the people in this new practice since they came to highly recommended.

I can't believe that we're headed to Kansas to see my family in just two weeks!! Yeah!!

Ok, I'd better start on these piles on my desk. We have so many new projects in November and December. I hope I can get everything done!

2 comments:

Drea said...

I tried to email you but the email wouldnt work :-\ so heres a copy of it hehe


Hey girlie :-)
I hope this is helpful ...
For a newborn Id get a ring sling. I like fitted slings... the pouch kind.. but I just think you can do more w/ a nice ring sling.... since its adjustable.

I use my sling from www.slingcarrier.com more than any other sling.
Its one of my most comfortable and easiest to adjust.

I also have one from www.kimzkreations.com that I love as well... it just has a higher learning curve since the tail is open. Open tails are nice though if you nurse. Her slings are very affordable!

The only reason id say not to get a slingcarrier.com sling is the rings. Their to small. I replaced my ring.
If you can sew though you can fix the ring issue easily by replacing the rings with a set from www.slingrings.com (alumnium medium size works great). But if you cant sew... this sling may not work well for you.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DreaWd/CalebsBlog/DSCF0054-1.jpg << posted today, this was Taite in the Slingcarrier sling. there are photos of the kimzkreation sling at www.dereview.blogspot.com scroll down a post. Its kinda brownish purple.


not sure if you saw the post comparing the rings
but this http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DreaWd/CalebsBlog/DSCF0067-1.jpg << is a photo of the old rings it had...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DreaWd/CalebsBlog/DSCF0011-1-1.jpg << this is a photo of the new rings

you can see the difference.

I hope that helps!
and congrats :-)

email me with any other questions.

Anonymous said...

hey Jaime,

Just caught up on your blog...fun to read and see what's been happening with you guys and your little girl--so fun! Congrats to Andrew for almost being done with school. that's such an accomplishment and in the midst of moving and building a house...pretty amazing if you ask me. I don't know I would have done that, though I did move, start a new job, fall in love and develop a relationship, and plan a wedding in the midst of my first year of graduate school--yikes! Needless to say, it's nice to have a little bit less intense semester. Well, speaking of which, back to some research. Thanks for posting!

Melanie