Friday, November 16, 2007

Last week

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I have just been very busy at work! My job here is so interesting. Some weeks I could only work part-time and be ok, but there are others where 40 hours just doesn't cover everything I need to do. Those weeks are increasing in number! I'm beginning to feel a little backed up against my maternity leave and I just have to remember that I still have January (December is too busy) left to prepare stuff for a sub.

I have felt pretty good this week. That means that I also got quite a bit done. Besides the usual voice lessons, cooking, cleaning, and working on Monday and Tuesday, I also got some detailed cleaning done, like the stove and the sink. If only they would stay clean. Then on Wednesday night, I actually got the whole master bedroom ceiling primed. In an effort not to get overly tired, I decided to set a timer and only work for one hour. Well, I wasn't even rushing and got it done in an hour. I'm ready to get done with the upstairs, so I'm sure I will do more painting this weekend. All the ceilings either need paint, touch-up, or a second coat. The baby's room needs a second coat of paint on the walls. It's starting to look pretty nice up there. Then last night, A and I went to see Camelot in Cincinnati. It was very good and we really enjoyed going out together. A's mom got us the tickets (for free) to that made it especially nice!!! :)

I think the only thing going on tonight is dinner and a movie. I feel like I should be painting something, but perhaps I will just take a day off. I told you that I find the work/rest balance thing very difficult. It seems to be all or nothing. I'm looking forward to getting some rest during our trip to Kansas for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I have a midwife/doctor's appointment on Monday, so I'm sure I will update about that!

No comments: