Thursday, May 03, 2007

Wonderful Start

I've had a wonderful start to my birthday. I received a wonderful birthday package from my parents yesterday. My mom had picked out three tops for me. Although they are different than what I normally wear, I like them (which impresses me) and I've already started reading a book my mom sent. Also, Andrew got up early and made me breakfast. I am wearing my pink shoes today and Dewey got to sleep with us last night (and mostly on Andrew's side of the bed). The plans for the rest of the day include a lunch with my co-workers, supper from Abeulos with Andrew (I'm debating just getting takeout, since gas prices are so high) and then just relaxing with a movie and dinner. We are also going to do a few more things on Saturday. Andrew is going to give me my birthday present then. It's what I want every year, and I don't think we've ever done it before. It is for him to go clothes shopping with me (no whining allowed). I like it when he does this because 1) I have someone to carry my bags, 2) I have someone who will be nicely honest with me about what does and doesn't look good (plus I have an issue with looking youthful, so he helps me), and 3) he encourages me to try things on that I never would have thought I liked. I honestly have so little clothes that fit now. Probably 4 or 4 pair of pants, no capri's, one pair of jeans, so it is high time to do a little birthday money shopping. So, we're planning on doing that on Saturday, as well as going to a Red's game. For someone who grew up going to a lot of sporting events (and I wasn't very interested in sports) I have a surprising love for professional sports. I just like the atmosphere and the relaxing "American" feeling that baseball games give.

I'm posting another blog today on my weightloss blog. If you want to read that, send me and email and I'll send you the link to that. Otherwise, I'd like it to be a bit more private!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

1 comment:

D said...

Happy Birthday, Jaime!!! Sounds like a wonderful start of a wonderful day!!!