Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary Honey!

It was this day, 4-years ago, that I had no idea what I was getting into! :) I mean that in the very best way possible. I felt like I knew you very well that day, but I had, and still have, a lot to learn about you. Every day, I am impressed with your ability to laugh. You are able to laugh at yourself and you help me to lighten up and realize that it is ok to have fun and enjoy things. You are able to put up with me, with a kind patience, when I know that I am being very difficult. You love me even though I complain too much, demand perfection in house cleaning (you must make the bed this way!), and get so overcommitted that you are the first thing in my life that gets no attention. You know to head directly for the ice and a band aids when I start shouting "Andrew . . . emergency", as I have a lot of accidents, but they are rarely emergencies! You amaze me constantly with your giving heart, your kindness, your devotion to God and to your family, and your patience. I knew the moment we started the criticism fast that you would beat me, hands down, since that is the way you live your life, not judging other people. I have loved every moment of being married to you (even though it's not perfect), you have taught me so much more than I ever expected, and our life together is really only beginning. As all of my co-workers (all married 30+ years) say, "You guys are just babes". So, I can't wait for the experiences of the years to come. It's never been boring with you, and that is the last thing I'm thankful for, in the list of many wonderful things you have given to me! I love you!

No comments: