Monday, May 07, 2007

Our Weekend!

Our weekend went way too fast, but we had so much fun! On Friday night, we had our small group again and like usual, we had some great discussions, and it was a lot of fun. Then Saturday, I cleaned the church, cleaned my house, saw Spiderman 3, went birthday shopping with Andrew (see paragraph below), and went to a Red's game. I have pictures of the game, so we'll see if I ever get around to posting them on here! It was so much fun, but it got started late because of the rain and we were sitting by a few obnoxious drunk people, but I had a good time anyway.

If you've never discovered Andrew's hidden talent for shopping, you should. Anyone who knows him, knows that he is generally free with advice and will say what he thinks (in a nice way) about stuff. Well, this shopping trip I decided to actually listen to him. Besides him picking out a few things that were much lower cut than I would ever wear, he really had remarkable taste. He picked out a fabulous shirt that I would have never looked at, because I thought it would be too small. When I tried it on, it was perfect. He even suggested combinations for me, that looked great (aka, this shirt would go great with jeans, this skirt would go great with this other color). I've had this great fashion resource for almost 4 years now and I never knew he could be such good help when picking out clothes. I know he was uncomfortable for most of the time (me in the dressing room and him standing looking through clothing in a women's clothing shop) but he was an excellent sport and would even go get me a different size, if needed. So, that was a great birthday gift!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He has a whole new career awaiting him as a personal shopper! Combine that with internet shopping and he's a millionaire :)
Carol
I enjoyed your birthday pound cake last night...sorry we missed seeing you guys...we were part of the new bridge dedication and historic picture...I plan to be around for the 50th year celebration...