Monday, May 14, 2007

Whirlwind 2 weeks!

Well, we've got a busy two weeks planned, but it's not as busy as last year, when I was singing with the May Festival Chorus (check out www.mayfestival.com). I am going to miss their concerts this year, but hopefully, in the future, I'll be able to join them again as a singer!

Tonight is my dress rehearsal for my voice students. I think they are mostly ready. I have a few that need a bit more work on their songs. We'll see how it goes tonight. I'm giving on lesson tomorrow night. Then the rest of the week (in the evenings) I will be preparing for the recital and reception afterwards. I'm also in charge of our 3 and 4 year old classroom at church. I've been putting together the summer schedule, and it's finally starting to take shape. It's more of a responsibility than I bargained for, but it's only for the summer. Then on Friday, I'm meeting my sister in Michigan to visit our Grandma for the weekend. It should be lots of fun. Next Monday, we will be at the recital, then Tuesday will be another lesson (I have one girl not participating), then on Wednesday evening, we will go down to the Creation Museum in Kentucky to view the grand opening (we are members). Thursday will take us to Grace Chapel for a going away party for some of our friends. Also, two of my voice students have a performance at their school that night, so I MIGHT try to make that. The day after that is our 4th wedding anniversary (I can't believe it) and we are going camping for the weekend.

I can't believe that summer is already upon us. Besides the things listed above that keep me busy, I've been enjoying my kitchen lately. I do wish I had more time to experiment and cook, but I enjoy what I've been able to do anyway. I hope Andrew enjoys it too! :) I'll try to post some recipes on here, when I get a chance.

All for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
REALLY looking forward to the Bulgar Wheat recipe from Sunday. Susan told me about it and it sounds GREAT!!! :0)
Arielle
care@hope-church.org