Sunday, May 20, 2007

Returning and Recipes

I have just now returned home after a very fun and enjoyable trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan to meet up with my sis and her friend to visit my Grandma. We had a great time together, going to a concert, playing games, watching a movie, eating, and shopping! It was such a fun girls weekend together! I wish I could say that I have pictures to post, but I forgot to bring my camera.

Here is the recipe for the Bulgar Pilaf. It actually calls for Quinoa but I couldn't find anything so the Bulgar worked well.

1 3/4 cups water
3/4 cups bulgar
1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra=virgin olive oil, divided
1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven or toaster oven to 350.

Combine water and bulgar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and place in a mixing bowl. While bulgar is cooking, spread pistachios on a baking tray and bake until lightly browned and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Cool and roughly chop. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and scallions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add to bulgar, along with pistachios, vinegar, and remaining oil; stir to combine. Season with salt and peper to taste and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks bunches for the recipe! I look forward to trying it!