Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kansas, Kansas

My poor home state has been wracked with terrible storms lately. The town that's been making national news due to its 95% destruction (F5 tornado), was one that I played tennis in frequently. I'm glad I was able to visit the worlds largest hand dug well, before it was all collapsed. Please remember Greensburg in your prayers, as they work on rebuilding their entire town!

I am thankful that my parents are safe, with minimal damage to their property. I believe they had a branch fall on their garage (separate from the house) so it could have been much worse, since there were tornados close by their area. Mom said she spent much of the night in their storm shelter (I heard a rumor of over 50 tornados in the state that night). I'll leave you with a picture looking out my grandparents balcony to their land and the Rattlesnake Creek, due to all the rain.

No comments: