Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weekend and Such

We had a nice relaxing weekend. I really enjoyed my day off! I helped clean the church in Monroe on Saturday, did laundry, had tea (from people who didn't show), and watched a movie. Then on Sunday, we went to a movie, and then we headed downtown to watch some Labor Day fireworks. They are put on by a local radio station, so the station had music playing that coordinated with the fireworks. It was really neat. I especially liked the "water falls" coming off of the bridges. The news channel said that there were 1/2 million people there, and I believe it. It was so crowded! Yesterday, I slept in (very late), went to a movie, and then enjoyed a cookout at my in-law's house. So, we watched lots of movies. We hadn't been to one for several months. It was nice.

We are moving forward with our house stuff. We have appointments this week to pick out windows, and siding. I am working on calling people to talk about shingles, trusses, and lumber. I will hopefully have an official word on our dig date by tomorrow or Thursday. It's nice to have a four day week, and then another weekend. Since I got our building permit on Friday, we are now cleared to begin work. We are just waiting for our foundation to be built. Very important step in house building! :)

No comments: