Thursday, September 28, 2006

So many things to say . . .

The framers started today. I drove over at lunch, and it looked good. The ground over there is so very muddy from the rain, so I brought along some old tennis shoes to wear in the mud. In order to not get my long pants muddy, I decided to resort to the 80s pant roll. I knew that I looked bad but I figured it would be better to look bad infront of our framing crew (who by the way, are all of Mexican decent) than have mud on my pants at work. Makes sense, right?! As I was leaving, I bid farewell to my framing crew and walked back to my car. I heard one of the guys say a phrase in Spanish. Now, I'm not fluent, but I did take spanish in high school and I know enough to know that they were making fun of my pants but not enough spanish to reply! I can't believe that they didn't say, "what a smart woman to bring her tennis shoes and roll her pants so they don't get muddy." I'm glad I could make someone have a laugh today.

On a more somber note, I found out this morning that one of my Sunday School kids (who is 3 years old) is having heart surgery for some major problems in November. She is the sweetest, most precious girl and my heart is broken for her. It helps to put things in perspective (again). Why do I whine all the time that I don't have a house when one is being built for me? And why do I whine all the time about my aches and pains when at least I feel good enough go to work and be productive? I'm just tired of hearing myself complain about such petty things, as I'm sure many of those close to me are as well. I'm tired of just petty things being a big deal.

Ok, so if everything continues to go on schedule for the house, this is what we're looking at for this week:
Friday, September 29th - Trusses delivered and set and sump pump installed
Saturday, September 30th - More framing
Monday, October 2nd - Backfill
Tuesday, October 3rd - Concrete for porch and garage (although they haven't called me back)
Wednesday, October 4th - Shingles delivered (Yeah, Andrew is putting these on!!)
Friday, October 5th - Windows Delivered and installed

Also this week, we may have the HVAC guy and plumber come in for some rough in. We also might be able to start on the septic. We are anxious to get that in before the cold weather starts! Yikes! I feel as if I'm a bit over my head but things keep moving forward and I'm learning slowly but surely, just to trust, and ask for help, if I need it. I've got framing pictures that I'll post later!

No comments: