Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I can hardly breathe!

I'm so sore today! I spent much of the evening last night in our new basement (took some coaxing to get me down there with just a short ladder as a means of escape) shoveling rocks, mud, and muddy rocks so that Andrew could put up some screed board (if you need an explaination, email me jaime_schechter@yahoo.com) for the guys pouring concrete today. I also ran by our window place, and picked up some vapor barrier from Home Depot. I must say that I was very impressed with the service from Home Depot. Of course, I was a woman alone, asking about a 20x50 roll of 6 mil vapor barrier. Not your average, run-of-the-mill, female shopping experience!! I was helped by two, yes TWO, employees and then one of them carried the item to the register and then out to my car. That was good, since it was so heavy, I would have struggled to get it loaded up. I would have succeeded but I may have injured myself trying!!

Tonight we have a meeting with our HVAC guy and then home so that Andrew can accomplish some homework! We are having lumber delivered this afternoon and then our framing starts tomorrow! There is an 80% chance of rain and I mentioned it to the framer, but he said he didn't care. Now we just need to get our septic in place and much of our weather worries will be over. Our trusses are being delivered on Friday so that the framers can work all weekend. I hope all that goes well and there are no mix-ups or anything. The guy is from Romania so it is a tiny bit difficult to communicate with him. I've written down all my questions and things I need to tell him, so hopefully it will go smoothly.

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow of the concrete basement floor and framing.

No comments: