Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rewards!

After I reach a goal, I give myself these little rewards. When a person is trying to lose weight, I have heard that it is a terrible idea to reward yourself with food, so I have had to be pretty creative to come up with ideas of things to get that 1) aren't too expensive; 2) will make me feel rewarded; 3) will motivate me to keep going. My first goal was to walk for 30 minutes for two weeks (14 days to be exact) and then I would receive a new pair of athletic shoes. This is an especially good goal, since I haven't replaced my athletic shoes since my tennis days in high school!!!! I am off, in a few minutes, to go shopping for some new athletic shoes. I have my next goal set, which is just another little baby step in the right direction, and my next reward chosen as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

new shoes are the perfect reward....I can't believe you are still wearing your high schol pair...you'll feel better with the new ones...a manicure or pedicure is a nice non-food reward too...or some new work out clothes...congrats on the new habit, carol

Unknown said...

Yes, I have all those things on my list! I wish we lived a little closer so I could jog with you and Nick.

I get annoyed, sometimes, just having to drive down the street to the park, so I usually end up walking in Yankee Estates. The shoes felt so good last night that I walked for about 50 minutes!