Thursday, June 29, 2006

Newest House Developments

Andrew and I met with an appraiser from the bank today at noon. He asked us several questions about our house plans, our lot, etc. He cost a pretty penny. We also found out from the people drawing up our plot plan, that our lot has never been surveyed. This, unfortunately, means that we will probably have to have it surveyed, which could cost us a $1,000. We'll see what happens. We are hoping that the guy we purchased the lot from has some information on it that will help us to avoid this cost. I was so excited about the cost savings in the septic system and the plot plan and now we are hit with this expense. Many times I just feel like throwing my hands in the air and quitting. It is so much easier to just buy a house, instead of build however . . . . . . . I have been learning that taking the easy route in life, isn't always the best (despite what the 'world' will tell you). Trial builds character. Right now, all I feel it is building is my blood pressure. I am not one who can easily see the big picture. I am more the detailed nature. That is why Andrew and I work so well together. Good thing that my better half is a big picture kind of man. He reminds me that when all this hard work is over, we will have a simple, modest, yet comfortable home that we can easily (and cheaply) expand, if we need. I have been praying that this house project is God's will for our lives and not just a selfish dream that we are chasing after. Sorry for the slightly depressing post. I guess it is time for a little vacation. Good thing, since we will be on our way to Kansas tomorrow morning for a visit. Feel free to comment. You know how I LOVE getting comments! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're coming to Kansas???!!!?? Yay!! What's your schedule?? Selling fireworks for the Brazil team is eating up a lot of my time but I hope that I can see you at least for a little bit at some point.

Anonymous said...

And by Brazil team, I hope Melanie means a mission team going to Brazil and not her undying and financially compromising love for the World Cup.

Unknown said...

Melanie, We will be in St. John tomorrow night. We are planning on being in Sterling for the 4th of July. Let me know what you are doing!!