Friday, January 27, 2006

Update!

Sorry for the lack of creative title. I just feel very tired and drained right now and I can't think of a good one. We met with the bank today and worked out some details of our loan. Most of it is settled, we think, but we haven't officially closed on anything. Some changes have been made regarding the loan because the bank isn't very fond of our garage/apartment idea. They pretty much don't think anyone else would want it besides us! I guess that is about all that is new. I am having a massage tomorrow, which was Andrew's Christmas present to me. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it very frustrating that banks have that much control over our dreams and plans. I think the garage/apartment idea is a fantastic one. And it is step one, not the end result....how many of those bankers have guest houses - hello, this is the same thing! Anyway - what does this mean? Do you have to build something else or do you have a different interest rate or do they just call it a different type of loan? I hope the massage was as wonderful as it sounds....I am also thinking about your last post - diet! Oh, I do not like that word. In my mind it is so restrictive. I am careful of what I eat, but I love chocolate so eat it! Peanut M&M's in the freezer are my current favorite - I just take a small handful and I feel satiated...luckily I also love vegetables and salads and fish and all sorts of healthy things. I know you do too (like healthy food). The key for me is staying active with walking or aerobics...So, good luck with your plan and remember, if you do "mess up" - just say, okay and get back on the horse, so to speak. Because the other key is life change, not such restrictive food choices (unless it is a matter of life and death) that we have to rebel (or at least that is how I feel!). So, you didn't ask for my advice, but I apparently felt the need to give it!! Take care my dear niece (in-law!) and person that inspires me. You are wonderful. Love, Linda :)