Monday, January 23, 2006

Sterling All Hail to You!

I just realized this weekend what a huge life change that we have both gone through lately. I haven't really noticed lately since we have been so busy. I still find it amazing that we live here. We are getting ready to close on a land/lot deal that will be the future site of our home. This are just moving so fast. That is the way it like it, however. If nothing exciting happens for a while, I tend to feel a bit bored. However, right now I am just feeling a bit bowled over by life.

On Friday night, I had a dream about Sterling. I don't even remember what it was about but I woke up with a very deep longing to be at Sterling again. It's not that I don't like living here, that many wonderful things have happened to us, and that we are daily surrounded by wonderful people but there are just somethings that I miss, and that's ok. I miss the wonderful community of Sterling and the exciting things going on there. I was reading on their website the other day about the dorm building. A terrible sadness came over me that I would be there to see it built or share in the excitement of the Admissions office as they get to show it off to prospective students. Sterling was such a wonderful and loving community.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Jaime,
I've been thinking of you lately - I'm glad to hear that you've had some time to reflect on all that has happened in the last months. moving is so stressful! But, I'm actually going to do it again. I accepted a job in Fort Collins starting in August or September. I'll finish out my year here at LCC and then move. I hear it's a great place to be snowed in... Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

We love having you living here near us, but also miss the thought of visiting Sterling to see you. There is something about the town, college and people that just draws you in and is so appealing. We will have to plan to all go together for Homecoming and other special events!
Susan