Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Day and the May Festival Chorus

So, my day has been wonderful but exhausting! I got up around 6:00 a.m. to get ready to leave for work. It was weird to drive to work in the dark! I got there a little before 8:00 a.m. and began my orientation with a member of the search committee. He was so organized (I was impressed). He had created a training schedule for me for the week. The church was so excited that I had come to work there. They gave me a welcome card and a gift (journal and stationary), which was very nice! They have also redone the office in which I work. It is fairly large and now has a nice L shaped desk for me as well as a new computer. I was also treated to lunch at an authentic Mexican restaurant with several other members of the staff.

After work I raced down I-71 to Cincinnati to try to find the Music Hall for my audition with the May Festival Chorus. I have never been to Music Hall and the directions I had were for the back of the building. I ended up getting fairly lost in the "hood" of cincinnati but my cell phone and Andrew saved the day. I ended up being about 1/2 hour late for my audition but they were very understanding when I said that I was new and had gotten lost. My audition went very well and I was asked to join the Chorus while I was in the audition! I accepted, even though the time committment is enourmous. They had practice tonight but my terrible headache and sore throat didn't warrent well for three more hours of singing so I asked if I could just start coming to the next rehearsal. That was fine with them. The first one is on Sunday! I hope I will learn my way around before then! :) The evening also ended up with me tipping a parking garage attending about $5 and I walked an extra 3 and 1/2 blocks with heels on (which I shouldn't be wearing due to my ankle but you know that style does matter in auditions). Anyway, it's been a long day so I am going to turn in! I am looking forward to a more relaxing day tomorrow. I was hoping to get to visit Grandpa Myers today and I am sad that I didn't get to so I will do that tomorrow. Please continue to pray for him! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Congratulations on your acceptance into the chorus and your new job sounds wonderful. I am very happy and excited for you. Perhaps you can show them Dewey's singing talent also and add a new feature to the festival? Good luck with everything and God bless these most excellent endeavors.Love, Linda :) PS Hug my dad for me, would you please? Thank you!!!