Thursday, May 19, 2005

School's out for summer!

Wow, it is so dead around here without the students so I decided to write a second blog for the day. Jennie, thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate any and all advice, especially from someone as healthy as you. Maybe you should start a blog about what to and not to eat!!

I have recently cut out all trans-fats from my diet (or at least the foods that I can read the labels on and know it is in there). My co-worker constantly brings in Oreo's to the office. I mean . . . we are never out of them or vanilla cookies. They were very tempting for a while but since I don't eat trans-fats anymore it hasn't been so hard to stay away from them . . now I know there is something "bad" in them! You would think with the amount of cookies I ate before in a typical day (on average, probably four) that I would be losing a little bit of weight from that. I guess I haven't weighed in a month, so we'll see. I now that I need to eat more fish and I have never really liked fish but I do enjoy a piece of Salmon every now and then. I found two new recipes for Salmon so I can't wait to try those. I need to do better on the amount of sugar that I eat. I don't think that I eat as much as the "typical American" but then the typical American's diet is terrible so I shouldn't base it off that.

Well, I will keep plugging along. Keep the suggestions coming . . . and recipes of healthy foods, if you have any. That would be great!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennie and I will see if we can come up with some good fish recipes. I had a Pecan Crusted Trout last night at a restaurant and want to try to recreate that.
Susan