Wednesday, May 11, 2005

What, no grains?!

Well, today my mom and I are going on a no grain fast. So far it has been pretty good. I sent my husband to the store last night with a detailed list of groceries and one important thing on there was eggs so that I could get through the day. Unfortunately, he forgot them. It's ok, dear. I'm not perfect either. So we had to improvise for breakfast this morning. I had bacon, fruit, and a little corned beef hash. No there isn't corn in it, I believe. I read the label. Just beef and potatoes. I hope that is right and that I haven't ruined the fast already!! I will have my daily snack of grapes in about an hour (I have it almost everyday). I'm not sure yet what I will have for lunch but we have lots of veggies so I will probably come up with something. Really, this isn't going to be that hard, I don't think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What made you both decide to do a no grain fast? I've never heard of that before?

Unknown said...

Well, it was my mom's idea but I think that we are avoiding grain for a day because grains are know to flare up yeast in your body. I will ask her before. My lunch was a little more difficult than I thought but I managed. ~Jaime