Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Argh! Why can I just eat?

I am getting a bit frustrated at myself for not doing better at eating good things. We are actually out of fruit right now, but Andrew is taking a trip to Hutch tonight so we will get more. I just wish that I could simply eat what I want and be thin. Hmm, doesn't work, huh?! I guess I just need to focus on one day at a time. I am taking some herbal weightloss supplements and I haven't really noticed a difference. I'm not sure that I am taking them correctly but the instructions simply said, take twice a day and drink more water with them. I may look into that further. Well, I guess I just need to concentrate on things one bite at a time! :) I also really need to increase my workout amount. I generally do pretty well but things have been very busy lately with two new voice students and such that I have slacked a bit. Ok, I will keep my nose to the chocolate cake, just kidding, to the . . . carrots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would encourage you to focus on becoming "healthy" instead of becoming "thin." Thin people aren't always healthy, nor are they attractive to everyone. On the other hand, people who are overweight do generally have more health problems throughout their lives. Remember, we are to honor the Lord in what we eat and drink. Don't forget to pray for strength when you feel your self-discipline slipping. You are correct in saying that old habits are changed one bite at a time. You are learning new healthy eating habits. It will take time for your mind to adjust to that. I would challenge you to try to think only about what you CAN eat and keep your mind off the foods you know are unhealthy.

Remember: think healthy, not thin.

Love, Mom