Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Little Tornados

Calling all stay-at-home moms. Do your days feel like mine?

I spent 45 minutes before my child's nap "cleaning" her room. I was putting away clothes, sorting and trying to organize toys, cleaning out clothes that were too small, etc (not really "cleaning"). When I went to lay her down for her nap I looked around and what did I see? A room that was just as messy or messier than before.

As I was working on cleaning Abigail's room I suddenly hear "splash, splash". Not good. I investigate, only to find the baby playing in the toilet water. Thankfully it had been flushed but still, ewwwwww! I washed her hands and set her down so she could play. As she was crawling after me she slipped with her wet hands on the floor and banged her face on the floor. She's fine but really. . . I'm in for a new adventure because my oldest would never in a million years play in the toilet water. I guess we're keeping the bathroom doors closed.

I am about to emark on another adventure, picking up my books, again, from my bookshelf (beside my bed). My kids (or kid - the almost 14 month old) has pulled them off for the 2nd time today.

It's no wonder that when I fall into bed at night, I feel like I have worked my tail off (and I have) but have gotten absolutely no where. I know this will pass and I will miss these days with sweet little ones, but honestly, I don't think I will miss cleaning the same mess over and over again.

Hey, maybe I just need to look on the bright side. I did get all the Christmas decorations put away today - finally, I thought it was never going to happen - with the help of a toddler and nothing was broken.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh yes. That's part of the reason my house is such a disaster all the time!! BUT now that mine are older, I made a new rule--if it doesn't get picked up every day I take it away and they don't get it back until they can show me they can keep their room clean. I've tried limiting them to playing in their bedroom but that doesn't always work. I remember when mine were yours' ages...it is just cleaning up the same mess over and over. It doesn't get a whole lot better when they're older, they can just help you clean up more! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! It normally doesn't bother me so much but we're trying to get refinanced and I know that the appraiser is going to come soon. I've read a bunch of places that sometimes you can get a better appraisal if your house looks nice. I don't know how mom's do it when they are trying to sell!