Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alone!

Elsie (for the first time) and Abigail had a sleep-over at their Nana's house last night. Andrew and I calculated last night that this was the first night we'd spent alone in our own house since before Abigail was born - is that right? We had a little getaway to a Bed and Breakfast before Elsie was born so we weren't actually in our own home.

It was nice . . . and weird. I actually had a dream that I was waiting for my family at a concert (Andrew and the girls) and they never showed up. It was also weird and scary.

This morning I'm actually blogging for the first time in a while, am going to go relax in the bathtub, and leisurely head into work. I'll try not to get used to this!

Lately my mind has been way more ambitious than my body. My body is calling for rest, rest, rest, and my mind knows the entire to-do list and wants it done. It's a constant battle. :) My body is just more tired this time, having these two babies close together, so I have to be a little more cautious and careful with how long I'm on my feet. I still have 15 some weeks to go. Crazy! I have to be honest and say that it's hard to rest when kids are around. Especially Abigail always needs me to get up and do something (drink, snack, potty, change the TV settings, Elsie's doing something, etc). It's all about balance.

Well, that's all for now. I have more posts (and lots more recipes) rattling around in my head but they'll have to wait until later. I want to make sure I can relax a bit before going to work today.

No comments: