Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome Fall!

Okay, so my title is a little sarcastic. I apologize. I'm running on a little short on sleep!

Elsie and Andrew have runny noses. Nothing serious at this point, just annoying. It is especially annoying because my baby (Elsie) has rarely been sick. She just did not know how to deal with a stuffy nose last night.

She finally went to sleep at 10:30 pm. I was up with her at 11:30 (fed), 12:30 (paci), 1:30 (fed), 3:30 - 5:15 am (crying and fussing). I put saline drops in her nose and sucked it out around 4 am. Then I finally pulled out her swing, which I had almost put away, thinking she wouldn't use it anymore, and put her in it. She slept until 8:45 am! Whew!

Tired momma!

I almost gave in at one point and asked Andrew for help but I knew he wasn't feeling good either so I managed to let him sleep.

This morning he is graciously staying home from work so that I can go to the dentist and have some much needed work done. I appreciate this. It is good timing too since he could get up with Abigail this morning and I got to get a little extra sleep.

Whew!

Let's hope for a better night tonight. I'm thankful that I'm a stay-at-home mom. I've been a working mom too and I remember those nights of getting up for work after only 3 hours of sleep and it's hard to do. Much easier to lay around all day in your PJ's (if necessary - I actually did get dressed today . . . remember . . . dentist).

No comments: