Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hips!

It's been a while since I've written, so forgive me if this is boring. I'm very foggy and achy today. I believe the achy feeling is coming from my hips so I'm thankful that I have a chiro appointment tomorrow!

I also have the impatient feeling that I just want our baby girl to get here! I've read a couple of articles that this lull can come during the middle of this trimester (right where I'm at) so it's good to know that I'm perfectly normal in feeling this way. I definitely don't want her to come right now, as we still have so much to do to get ready but I'm ready to meet her! I was planning to paint a bit upstairs this weekend, so we could get going with that, but after mowing, doing all the laundry, cleaning, and furniture shopping, my weekend was spent. I hope I can get to it this weekend. It's a weird feeling to be so busy (I'm trying to find time to walk a little each day) yet so mentally bored or eager. I'm not sure what the feeling is. I'm certainly enjoying all of my baby books. Right now I'm finishing up "No-fear guide for first-time parents" and just starting "Husband-coached childbirth" which is recommended from our birth class instructor. If you didn't realize it before, I like to be well-prepared for anything!

I've been on this new pregnancy diet (Brewer, for those of you who know natural) and it focuses on protein consumption for building healthy brain and muscle. I'm also adding a bit more calcium to my prenatal vitamin. This morning for breakfast I had two eggs, two pieces of turkey bacon, a 1/2 grapefruit (yummy!), a piece of toast with peanut butter, and a glass of milk. All of this added up to a whopping 30 grams of protein! It was a lot to eat but it will help me to do better if I get a good start like this. We're supposed to get about 100 grams of protein per day. I got into the 90's last week but also had a couple of 40 days. Thankfully one of my favorite treats is a tablespoon of peanut butter and a cup of milk. We've been buying organic on as much stuff as we can lately and still staying within our grocery budget!

Ok, I guess I was able to write a long post, perhaps my Red Raspberry Leaf Tea helped. I'll try to remember to post the ultrasound pictures on here sometime soon.

No comments: