Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Somewhat Boring Life . . .

So here's an update on our somewhat boring life (which has been such a nice change). Andrew continues to plug away at his new accounting class. I'm not sure the course work is more challenging but it certainly is more time consuming. We've definitely been watching much less TV than before and I've had lots of good time to sit in the office and read while he is working on homework.

My sister and her boyfriend are coming this weekend for a visit. They are arriving Friday and leaving Sunday. If our plan works out we'll have tea on Saturday noon, supper at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse (Andrew and I have never been there) and then we'll catch the Red's game. Unfortunately, you can't make reservations for the Boathouse but you are only able to call ahead and find out available times and we might not go to the Red's game if it's too cold. Right now, they are saying 39 degrees, which is up four from yesterday.

I've primarily been working on getting my Flylady routine's in place. So far, these are my routines. I think I'm about ready to move on to weekly routines as well, but I don't want to go to fast (and crash and burn).

After Work Routine:
Start load of Laundry
Unpack Flylady "Office in a Bag"
Supper (Prep, eat, and cleanup)
Load Dishwasher
5 Minute Room Rescue
15 minute Filing (This will drop off, as soon as the pound of paperwork we're buried under is flung).

Before Bed Routine:
Shine Your Sink (Which lead to washing the dishes, putting away the dish drain dishes, and wiping counters)
Laundry to Dryer
Start Dishwasher
Prep Lunches (all but Sandwich)
Water Plans
Lay out tomorrow's clothes
Think about what's for dinner (put meat in fridge to dethaw, etc)

Morning Routine:
Let Dog Out (Brr, it was cold this morning)
Shower, fix hair and face
Swish and Swipe the bathroom (I clean the toilet and sink with a spray of Clorox and a paper towel each morning)
Morning Devotional Time
(By this time, Andrew's out of bed)
Make Bed
Get Dressed
Finish Lunches
Empty Dishwasher
Fix Breakfast
Fold Clothes and put Away

My morning routine is a bit too long, I think. I was about 5 minutes late for work this morning. I'm trying to figure out another way to fold the laundry, as I've never actually done this before in the morning, it's just in the plan. If you're totally confused, you can check out www.flylady.net or feel free ask me questions. It's so much fun!! I'm going to try to remember to take pictures and post soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Jaime, remember how we sometimes would talk about what kind of foods we were making. Your recipes remind me of that...I haven't had a talk like that in months!! Ever since going back to school, cooking creatively has taken a back seat to reading and papers. And I think your somewhat boring life, as you call it, sounds kind of nice :) Enjoy it while you can!

Unknown said...

Yes, the uneventfulness is very nice! I miss hearing your recipes. You gave me the greatest salad recipe I've ever known (we now call it the Jaime salad, but perhaps it should be the Melanie salad)!!! How are the wedding plans?!?! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

You might try getting up five minutes earlier, or...ask Andrew to fold the laundry or make the lunches. :)

I need to be as organized as you are. I'm getting really lazy. Proud of you.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I think I found a solution. I put one load of laundry in right when I get home. By the end of supper, it's ready for the dryer (so both are in my after work routine). Then my folding and putting away is in my before bed routine (which is short anyway). Works great!

I had a shocking moment last night when Andrew asked why I had to shine my sink every night (that's not the way flylady says cleaning will affect our husbands, but Andrew reacts differently to many things). He didn't understand until I explained that it makes me feel like cleaning up the rest of the kitchen!!