Friday, April 13, 2007

Happenings

I certainly still feel pretty busy, but life has settled down for us, since we're able to be in one spot and have our own place. It's quite nice! I've been enjoying myself lately while cooking (and sometimes while keeping house). The best thing we had this week was Salmon Cakes. I'll try to post the recipe on here this weekend, it's at home.

We are in the midst of trying to find a vehicle (a truck) for Andrew to buy. He has some contacts through his work, but nothing has worked out for us yet. We are going to look at a truck in Indiana tonight. It's a Sonoma, I think. He has been needing a vehicle for some time and we are able to just outright buy one (yeah for the power of cash when bartering with car sales people) with our tax refund and savings. I hope this one we see tonight is the right price and has good features. I like it because it is an automatic transmission (aka. I can drive it). So we'll see.

I've been doing well with my eating (we've been having yummy stuff, so it's not hard) and have just started an exercise plan that I hope I can stick with. I've lost approx. 8 lbs so far. Our bathroom scale isn't very good, so it's hard to see exactly what's happening. I finally ordered my elliptical machine yesterday. I thought I would walk more outside, but it's been so cold lately that I haven't been doing anything. I would like to do something for 30 minutes per day, so I may have to break that down into two sessions, to fit into my schedule. Andrew is going to help me set up a little workout spot downstairs, this weekend, in preparation for the arrival of my elliptical. Eventually, I also need to add a weight bench, a exercise ball and exercise mat, since the floor down there is concrete.

Next Tuesday evening, I am going to begin to take voice students on Tuesday nights, as well as Mondays. My original hope was that several of my Monday night students would switch to Tuesday, so Monday's wouldn't be so full. Only one has switched so far. I have promised Andrew that I will only take 8 students total (the plan was 4 on Monday and 4 on Tuesday) and right now I have 7. I definitely realize that I have overcommiting disease, so I need some sort of regulation (or regulator) in my life, so Andrew has to approve if I am going to add any more students. We are also starting up our small group from church again on Friday nights. It's been so much fun and can't wait to get together with our friends again. The only other thing I've committed to was to take over being "coach" of the 3 & 4 year old classroom, just for the summer to give the current coach a break.

All for now. If we buy the truck, I'll post pictures, and hopefully we'll have more inside and outside (which isn't very pretty right now) shots of the house soon!

No comments: