Sunday, December 18, 2005

Chicago Update

I got back about 2:30 p.m. from my trip to Chicago. I had so much fun and the drive really didn't seem bad. I had a book on tape to keep me occupied. The first night I was up there, I went mystic tanning with my sister and her friend, Neysa. In case you all don't know what mystic tanning is, it is getting sprayed with a tanning solution, no UV rays involved. That was a lot of fun. After that we visited with my sister's roommate and enjoyed a quiet evening. On Friday, we met Sasha downtown to see another SC grad in a Radio play of "It's a wonderful life." It was very good! We all enjoyed it a great deal. During the middle of the show, the performers read off "radiograms" that people in the audience could send to other people. I wrote one to my sister that said, "Dear Jenny, Thanks for being a great host and thanks for encouraging me to go mystic tanning." :)

After the show we went to Geja's for some fondue. Now, I am not a consumer of fondue but that was the best food I have ever had. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I tasted my first bite of the chocolate fondue. Geja's has been named the 3rd most romantic restaurant in the USA. I am so glad I got to experience that with Jenny and Sasha. After we got done having the time of our lives indulging in food and laughter, Jenny and I dropped Sasha off at her apartment and headed back out to Wheaton.

On Saturday, we went to go get facials at a skin institute near where Jenny lives. That was a very relaxing experience as well. Besides the lamp falling on my face once, the experience was wonderful. Much better than the last time I was there! Also in the evening, I attended a wedding of one of my sister's friends. It was an Anglican wedding so it was neat to experience something different. Despite my tooth getting banged on the communion cup and the poor quality of mints (the Fairchild's are wedding mint connoisseur), the wedding was beautiful.

A good time was had by all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical Fairchild get-together. Love the stories you girls have. Can't wait to hear more about your new job!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun....particularly the facial and the fondue! Carol