Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just what I was thinking . . .

Sometimes I will have a blog post rattling around in my brain for days. You bloggers know what I mean, I think. I have had something on my mind, something to express, but couldn't really put it into words - or at least I couldn't write about it in once nice, clean, neat post.

Then . . . someone goes ahead and does it for me.

There is more to my thoughts than just this post but this has really been in the forefront of my mind lately.

Please take the time to read this today:

http://raisinghomemakers.com/2010/contentment/

- Are we always looking for something new, exciting, challenging to fill up our time? Those things aren't necessarily wrong. But while my children are young (and when they get older too, I suppose), I am trying to be content, quiet, and intentional in the way I spend time with them - not always shuttling them off to one activity or another just to fill time - but to really get to know them on a deep level.

I have simply been thinking lately that "busyness" is not always a state that I want myself or my children to be in (that is contrary to culture - you're not cool if you're not busy) and that is okay!

No comments: