Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring?

Is spring here yet? It's not quite warm enough for me. I like 70s - being outside with no jacket - weather. It's been raining and colder here the past few days and we're acting like it! I started with a scratchy throat on Tuesday night and to be honest, it hasn't progressed to much more than that. Just slight soreness and drainage. Last night, Abigail was up at a lot and my suspicions were confirmed that she probably has what I do. I gave her something to help with pain since I figured she had a sore throat, like me, and she slept the rest of the night.

No fever and clear snot, so she's at daycare today. Good mom, I am. Right?! Ha! Nothing like leaving your screaming half-sick child with someone else to make you feel wonderful.

Anyway, thankfully it's not bad. Hopefully it will clear up very quickly because I like to sleep at night.

I was about to write a post about how healthy she has been. Actually, it still remains true. She is rarely sick and if she does catch something it has been minor and brief. I don't want to jinx anything, though, and have her catch something that is a whammy!

Anyway, here is a list of things that I really think lend to her good health.

1) Plenty of sleep. She usually sleeps 11 hours at night and 2 to 3 during the day. Most people think her night schedule is crazy (since she goes to bed at 7 pm) but I'd like to compare her sleeping ability and health to other kids! The sleep does wonders.

2) Breastfeeding. We're still doing it. We're headed towards weaning. She's been getting one less bottle a day and is getting less interested all the time. She still likes her morning nursing session, however.

3) Food. She eats healthy. Seriously, she doesn't eat foods that are highly processed (rarely). Instead she eats, in great quantity, foods like kale, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, organic meats, a wide array of veggies, and the occasional "green" smoothie.

That's it for now. It's funny that I'm including this list on a post where I tell you that she's sort of sick. Ha! Anyway, I'm hoping tonight is better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the negative effects of vaccines and the benefits of avoiding them. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that we weren't home this morning to watch her (not that she wouldn't have cried anyway). You would love the weather here as it is 70 and sunny.

Jennifer said...

We WERE having good weather. Supposed to get TEN INCHES of snow tonight!!! That's insane. Although we really need the moisture. I'm very ready for spring!