Thursday, April 27, 2006

Too many subjects for a title!

I have so many ideas of what to write about that I can't think of a title. I guess that is good. First of all, I must say I am having a hard time adjusting to the weather here. My desktop thermometer says 42 degrees. That is way too cold for me for April 27th! I am used to 80 or 90 degree temperatures by this time. I wonder if Ohio is always this cold this time of year!

I am so excited for our weekend plans. Andrew's mom found a deal on a hotel downtown and that sparked the idea for a birthday get away. We are going downtown for a little retreat tomorrow. We are going to see Les Miserables on Friday night at the Aronoff Theatre, we are staying the night in a hotel with free food (part of the deal), and then we are going to see a Red's game on Saturday. I'm not a huge sports fan but it's the experience that is fun.

At the church where I work, we have had a goose lay her eggs right in the courtyard of the church. She has been sitting on her eggs for 20-some days but they began to hatch yesterday. It has been so much fun (for me as well as the preschool kids) to watch this experience. Also at the church I have had a robin decide that she wants to help me in the office because she tries to get into my office by flying into my windows. This has happened frequently and it is very funny behavior to watch.

We took a walk last night in my new favorite place . . . Dudley Woods Park. It has a beautiful nature trail. We enjoyed walking around the trail and Dewey enjoyed the mud!

Yesterday was Administrative Professionals day (aka. secretary's day, which is ok with me). I didn't think anyone remembered or knew about it (which was ok with me as well) but I received a very nice plant this morning!

It has been a little over a week since our last meeing with UBuildIt. I want to call to see when he will be done with our rough budget outline but I don't want to rush him. I will just have to wait and see.

Oh, and if you read my blog and have a blog of your own, I would be glad to add it to be list (on the right side of the page). Just leave me a comment with your blog address. I would love to get more blogs linked to mine.

No comments: