Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Here We Go!

We had our first official meeting with UBI (UBuildIt) today. We signed a contract and paid our downpayment (ouch!). We now have a few things to get together before our next meeting which is the budget meeting. It is up to us to finish this stuff and call him back. Is tomorrow too soon? Just kidding. I'm sure I will work on it tonight but I'm not sure that I will get it finished. Anyway, I am very excited to actually be moving forward with this whole process and I am itching to start on the construction part. We still have the four step planning process. Our construction guy assures me that this process is necessary to help reduce costs and have things in place before they are needed. I'm sure he is right!

On to other things: My diet is out of control! I have got to get things back in line and not eat so much. I have a difficult time choosing the things I eat (except for lunch) because I don't really do the grocery shopping or have my own kitchen. So, I really need to concentrate on not eating very much. This is very hard. I kept a food journal until I had my teeth out but I stopped during those rough two weeks. I need to start doing that again. I have been a bit more active lately. Since Dewey has been having some trouble with his behavior, I decided that some one on one playtime would be good, so we have been playing fetch each evening. He seems to be doing well. The only problem is how long it takes to feed him by hand. I was fairly late to work this morning because Dewey took so long to start eating. I guess I need to get up earlier, which means I need to go to bed earlier, huh?! Ok, that is all for now.

I will keep the house project up-to-date. My biggest fear right now is that the whole project will be over our budget. We have scaled it down quite a bit but I hope it is enough!

No comments: