Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Weekend!

Yes, I was in Kansas this past weekend. I tried to work out a time to be in Sterling but I was there for such a short time that it just didn't work out. I flew into Wichita on Friday evening and didn't get home until about 12:30 am. My grandpa drove back with me to Kansas, in the car my parents gave us, and we left Sunday evening and drove to Lawrence to stay with some relatives. The weekend was wonderful. It was great to be home and relax, even for a short time. Flying is definitely the easy way to go. I believe I will fly more often and when I get older I can rent a car (still not old enough yet!!) because sometimes that is cheaper.

Grandpa Fairchild drove with me out to Ohio. We had a great time and I was impressed with his ability to stand such a long drive. I guess he is used to long hours on the farm. On Tuesday, I was able to show Grandpa around the area. We went all over. We showed him our land we bought, visited both sets of Andrew's grandparents, went up to see Andrew at his office, went out to lunch, went to a house-building meeting, toured my father-in-law's plant and then went to the airport. I had a hard time getting up this morning, especially since I had to drive downtown to practice last night as well. I feel as if this post is a bit choppy and not well written. I have been in a bit of a fog today and the cake and cappicino I had for breakfast doesn't help. Yes, I know that is BAD BAD BAD (mom) but I didn't get up in time to eat anything else. I will never do it again (hopefully). Anyway, on to more news:

The church where I work had a breakin while I was gone to Kansas. Whoever it was took one safe out of the building and tried to break into another safe. Some money was taken but the thieves didn't try to steal any of the computer equipment that is sitting in this room (the safes were in my office). I also found this morning that a lock was broken on some desk drawers and money stolen out of a purse I had in there. The purse wasn't mine, I was simply holding it in there until someone claimed it. We'll probably have to have that fingerprinted as well. Scary stuff! Anyway, that is the latest news.

Melanie, our next planned trip to Kansas is over the 4th of July. We will be there for several days this time, and we will get to Sterling for the 4th of July celebration! Will you be in town then? I hope so! Anyway, I'll email you soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time with your grandpa and an action packed day in Ohio! On another note, I just spent the gift card you gave me for Christmas...I got a silver chain and a starfish pendant...to remind me of my wonderful Florida vacation! As you know, that was the perfect gift and I have enjoyed planning what to buy since Christmas.

Unknown said...

This must be Carol. I'm glad you can get back to your regularly scheduled QVC shopping now that the gift certificate is spent!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for feeding to the QVC monster Jaime!

Anonymous said...

You were in Lawrence and didn't call me?

Unknown said...

Yes! I even told my relatives that you lived in Lawrence. I thought about calling you but I didn't have your number and we weren't there very long. From about 9:30 pm to 7:00 am! I will next time!

Anonymous said...

I will be in Sterling during the 4th of July--the Brazil team might be selling fireworks so I will most likely be working, but hopefully we'll have lots of help so that I can have some free time!